From the most affordable, to the most creative, here are our personal favorites when it comes to useful housewarming gifts for loved ones…
- Guest room towels – most homes have guest rooms. And even if they don’t, it’s still practical to have a pretty set of guest towels, toiletries and special soaps for when you do have guests. However, more often than not, the expenses of moving into a new home (especially if it’s their first time), and decorating it, can get in the way of buying such things. Gifting them this will help them cut down their costs, as well as be better prepared for unexpected guests. Go here https://www.teammed.com.au/ for more information about medical supplies.
- First aid box – no, this is not exactly a traditional gift. Neither is it the most “good omened” one many people will think of. However, it is a very practical and useful gift; especially if your new home owners happen to have kids. So look for a pretty and classy first aid box and fill it up with the basic necessities like plasters and an ear thermometer. Trust us, this will be a gift that will make them appreciate you every time they use it…!
- House plate – if no matter how practical it sounds; you still can’t get yourself to gift your loved ones’ bandages, it’s perfectly fine to scrap that idea and gift suggestion. If you are more the artsy type, or if you feel you know the gift receivers’ tastes, then lean towards the house decorations instead. Something like a house plate with the owners’ names will make a lovely gift in our opinion. However, if you want to combine “practical” with “pretty”, then something like a decorated or personalized key holder will also do beautifully.
- Kitchenware – if you are feeling a little lost in all the artsy decorations, and not sure what they’d like, go for something that need not be in display; like kitchenware. From fancy dinner sets to a complete set of knives (though we personally think personalized chef knives are more fun to receive), to even a useful spice box; your options are in plenty.
- Mailbox – sure, not many people receive mail now-a-days. Not unless they are bills. However, it is undeniable that a mailbox still makes a cute addition for the front of your home. And this too can be personalized to make it a more intimate gift. Unfortunately, this is not a gift option if they happen to live in an apartment; so do keep that in mind.
- The basic herb garden – not a lot of people have the time or the patience to maintain a full garden. However, an herb garden is more useful than for simply being part of the “decoration”; so people are more willing to spend time and effort on it. Get your loved ones started on their very own herb garden. If their new home has no garden, then opt for the wall hanging type of herb garden or even the window box variety.